Country Night at San Manuel Casino was extra-special this Wednesday (December 6th), thanks to a concert (or, more appropriately, a “swoncert”) from Season 4 Finalists on “The Voice,” The Swon Brothers!
Zach and Colton, who were there as part of San Manuel’s world premiere of the new “The Voice” video slots, paid homage to several of their influences in their power acoustic performance (thanks to guitar player Blaze rounding out the band), including their fellow Okie and former coach on “The Voice,” Blake Shelton, and the pride of their hometown of Muskogee, Merle Haggard. They also performed a medley of Every Brothers songs, and several ’90s country songs from Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, and Brooks & Dunn. The Eagles and Kenny Loggins were also represented.
“It took us three flights and an hour long car ride to get here,” Zach told the crowd, to have one audience member call out, “Welcome to California!” Zach laughed and added, “But it was worth it!”
The line dancers inside the Tukut Lounge took advantage of the dance floor for originals like “Just Another Girl,” which clearly impressed the boys. “That looked like a planned music video!” declared Colton. After hearing that the name of the line dance done to “95” was called the “Redneck Angel,” Colton exclaimed, “Y’all named a line dance after me!”, eliciting a laugh from the crowd.
The brothers recalled that as boys when they used to fight, their father would make them go to their room and practice music together. They must have gotten in a lot of fights, because their harmonies are spot-on, refined by their time spent on “Team Blake.” They concluded their set with their debut single “Later On,” before sticking around after the show to sign autographs and take pictures with their fans.
A new Swon Brothers single is expected to come out early next year, followed by their next album.
- About Last Night
- Just Another Girl
- Don’t Call Me
- Forever and Ever, Amen (Randy Travis cover)/Boot Scootin’ Boogie (Brooks & Dunn cover)/Rodeo (Garth Brooks cover)
- Dwight Trash
- All About Tonight (Blake Shelton cover)/I Like It, I Love It (Tim McGraw cover)
- Okie from Muskogee (Merle Haggard cover)
- Fishin’ In the Dark (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band cover)
- Turn the Page (Bob Seger cover)
- Friends In Low Places (Garth Brooks cover)
- All I Have to Do Is Dream/Bye, Bye Love/Wake Up Little Susie (Everly Brothers covers)
- Danny’s Song (Kenny Loggins cover)
- Pretty Cool Scars
- Life In the Fast Lane (Eagles cover)
- Later On