I don’t know about you, but fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. The weather is getting cooler and the holidays are approaching which means more family time! More time to do things with the kids.
I love being a mom and I absolutely love seeing my children have fun. You probably do too. Here are a few fun things to do with the kids this autumn.
- Go apple picking. Did you know you’re probably closer to an apple orchard than you realize. There’s a chance to forage some apples in both Oak Glen and Yucaipa. There’s a lot of apple picking to be had at multiple places all around the Inland Empire.
- Make a Halloween costume. Let your imaginations run wild and be different from the crowd. Why spend $20 or more on store bought costumes? Home-made Halloween costumes are the best and are usually the ones that end up winning contests! It’s super fun to see what the kids come up with.
- Head to a pumpkin patch. There’s guaranteed to be one in a city near you. Today’s pumpkin patches seem to be a lot more fun than when I was a kid. Now they have rides, a petting zoo and of course a wide selection of pumpkins in all shapes and sizes.
- Decorate a pumpkin. You’ve spent time at the pumpkin patch and picked out your perfect pumpkin, now it’s time to decorate it. Whether you’re carving or drawing and painting pictures on it, it’s guaranteed to be quality time and fun well spent with the family.
- Bob for apples. Perhaps you’ve taken the kids to the apple orchard or maybe you’ve even bought a bunch at the grocery store. Besides eating your good for you, delicious fruit, you can have fun first by trying to bob for them. Please make sure this is a parent supervised event since it involves sticking your head in a tub of water and trying to grab apples with your mouth. Mainly for the older kids, but sure to be a lot of entertainment.
- Bake a pie. Due to some of the delicious fruit that’s in season in the fall it’s one of the best times of year for baking. You can turn your children into mini-chefs and have a ball spending time in the kitchen making apple, pumpkin even sweet potato pie together. it’ll taste even better to them knowing they helped bake it.